Julie Spaniel, D.D.S.
Julie Spaniel DDS is a 1991 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and currently in private practice in Tualatin. Dr Spaniel is actively involved in the Oregon Dental Association and the ADA. Chairing the Dental Wellness committee for the state of Oregon, Dr Spaniel shares her concern and efforts toward the health and well-being of dentists in our state as well as national efforts. Dr Spaniel is on the Dental Wellness Advisory Committee for the American Dental Association, keeping our healthcare professionals healthy. This involves monthly speaker presentations, outreach, education, and bi-annual meetings. She was recently asked to serve on the first Cohort of ten Wellness Ambassadors to the American Dental Association. Dr Spaniel is the annual meeting coordinator and President-elect of the National Academy for Private Dental Practice, where she continues to serve on the board and consult. She is on the board of the Oregon Academy of General Dentistry, serves as President elect on the executive board of the Washington County Dental Society and is actively involved in the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health.
Dr Spaniel is passionate about global healthcare outreach. As the founder of One World Brigades, a mobile dental clinic serving rural Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, and Honduras, her focus is to teach students the spirit of service while immersing them in different and beautiful cultures. She is currently working to build and develop a primary school in the Maasai Mara region of Kenya which serves as her medical and dental clinic twice a year. She has worked her entire career to mentor youth in her community, encouraging many who’ve gone on to become dental professionals.
About Dr. Julie Spaniel, DDS
- President of the Washington County Dental Society
- On the Board of Trustees at the Oregon Dental Association.
- On the Dental Wellness Advisory Council at the American Dental Association
- Delegate to the State of Oregon to the ADA
- President-elect of the Academy for Private Dental Practice
- Chair of the Wellness Initiative at the Oregon Dental Association
- Dr. Spaniel is an active member of the American Dental Association, since 1994 and Oregon Dental Association, again.
- Member and Serving on the Board of the American Academy of Dental Practice.
- Member of the American Association of Oral Systemic Health.
- Member of the Washington County Dental Society.
- Member of the Clackamas County Dental Society.
- Healthcare Director for Global health initiative with Refugee Outreach Inc
- One World Brigades, LLC, Executive Director and Founder.
- Serving Dentist for Global Brigades, Inc, Student led group serving Ghana & Nicaragua
- Paul Harris Fellow and Award recipient for Global Service and Aid work.
- Serving Dentist for Hands to Honduras, since 2006.
- Member of the Tualatin Rotary.
- Member of the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce.
- Chair of Health and Wellness committee for the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Lake Oswego Business Leader.
- Member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified in minimal sedation and nitrous oxide
Summerwood Aesthetic Dentistry received the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce 2019 New Business of the Year Award.
Award presented by Robert E. Kellogg P.C.
Dr. Spaniel has very rapidly become part of the Tualatin community. She is new to the community and has already developed a fan base that sings her praises at every opportunity. Summerwood Aesthetic Dentistry was an acquisition turned into a start-up instead. They needed new equipment, patients, and a full renovation. She offers amazing service to her clients and is actively working on ways to make her practice accessible to all. She gave a phenomenal presentation at one of the Tualatin Chamber’s Health & Wellness Wednesdays and blew the audience away. Furthermore, Dr. Spaniel founded a non-profit that is all about education and bringing dentistry across borders. She regularly travels to Ghana, Honduras and Nicaragua delivering much-needed dental care to small villages. Dr. Spaniel brings undergrad students with her and gives them an opportunity of a lifetime. When you hear her speaking about the people in these villages, it is clear how much she loves them, and enjoys the services she can provide. One of her fellow Rotarians said, “She is so kind, humble, hardworking, and has a heart of gold. Our community could stand to gain more citizens like her!”